Quick Details to get you going:
1. Video must be coin magic. Other props and forms of magic may be present but the focus must be on coin(s). A simple test to determine an eligible video: After watching, a random viewer should be able to describe the video as a “coin trick” or “something amazing with coin(s).” Other videos are not eligible and should not be submitted.
2. Video post should try to include hashtags: #cointest, #coinmagic, & #copelandcoins. Remember to tell people to vote and where to vote!
3. Video must be less than 1 minute.
4. Video must be shared via Instagram, Facebook, or Youtube. Voting ONLY takes place at CopelandCoins.com
5. Prize One: A Collector's Set of Reialme & Kingdom coins will be awarded AND shipped to a rule following video submission. This video will be chosen at RANDOM. (Over $125 value!) We encourage you to participate and submit a video, any skill level. You just might win!
6. Prize Two: A Collector's Set of Reialme & Kingdom coins will be awarded AND shipped to the participant with the most Entry Points in the contest! No video submission required. (Over $125 value!) The more you participate, the more entries to win. Follow contest rules, contest website, and emails for increased opportunities!
7. Grand Prize: A $250 Copeland Coins gift card will be awarded the the video with the most legally, globally acquired votes. Gift card is good for all merchandise at CopelandCoins.com!
8. If winner already has Reialme & Kingdom, another prize maybe be substituted, but only at Copeland Coins discretion.
9. Video must be family friendly. No blue material, no profanity, Keep it clean.
10. Winner will be the actual the performer in the video. Trick need not be original, but will mostly likely help to draw votes. Don't post someone else's magic performance video without permission. Open to anyone, anywhere unless prohibited by law.
11. Sorry, only one video post per participant in this contest.
12. Users may vote multiple times. Once per video, per day, per legal means. Bot votes or cheating votes may lead to disqualification.
13. A participant may not be awarded more than one prize.
14. We want to see skill, not technology. Gimmicks are allowed, CGI and digital editing to create magic effects is not. Use your natural talents & real props. In general, if the trick CAN fool a live audience of one person, you are good to go! If you need clarification or how you may use the camera to enhance your video, read the official rules. Pay particular attention point 5. Please, don't try to test the good natured spirit of this sleight of hand coin magic contest!
1. Keep it brief and to the point. If you have a long intro or dead space at the beginning, cut it out! Remember, sometimes less is more. A shorter, more direct video could gather votes quicker.
2. Use Copeland Coins brand coins and products if possible!
3. We are looking for original material, but share what you've got. This is open to all skill levels, remember you could win a prize just for submitting a video or just for participating!
4. Sound, music, lighting... these are all good things, make it entertaining!
That was a brief description of what you need to know, but if you have more questions or need to see everything, here are the official and binding rules that will be followed for the contest.
1. Sponsor: Win a Copeland Coins $250 Gift Card! In the Best Coin Magic Video of 2018 is sponsored by Copeland Magic LLC, PO Box 2294, Friendswood, TX 77549 (the “Sponsor”). The Sponsor is responsible for all aspects of the Contest. Participation in the Contest constitutes the participant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules, and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
2. Eligibility: Contest (the "Contest") is open to participants who are legal residents of All countries, and who are 13+ at the time of entry (the “Entrant”). Employees of Copeland Magic LLC (the "Sponsor"), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule, or regulation. Contributing artists to Copeland Coins may not win, but may still enter.
3. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Nov 8, 2018 at 12:00 AM and ending Dec 6, 2018 at 11:00 PM (the “Entry Period”). All online entries must be received by Dec 5, 2018 11:59 PM . All times are (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible. Sponsor’s computer is the official timekeeping device for the Contest. Unless prohibited by law, contest may be extended by up to two extra weeks upon written notice from the Sponsor.
4. How to Enter: The Contest must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided on this site. The entry must fulfill all Contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Copeland Magic LLC. You may enter only once and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple e-mail addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods, attempt to cheat or manipulate the contest, make selfish demands, or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility of being rewarded or awarded anything at the sole discretion of Copeland Magic LLC.
5. Qualifying Submissions: All skill levels are welcome. Videos should be one minute or less in length. Videos must be posted via listed social media platforms and should attempt to include #copelandcoins and #cointest and #coinmagic in the post. Magic may not be accomplished via CGI or any form of computer editing. Video may be edited to make entertaining. Examples could include replaying in slow motion, showing audience reactions, filtering light, adding music...but the trick should be accomplished via the performer’s skill. IF THE TRICK CAN NOT BE PERFORMED WITH A FOOLING EFFECT BEFORE A LIVE AUDIENCE OF AT LEAST ONE PERSON, IT MOST LIKELY DOES NOT QUALIFY TO WIN A SLEIGHT OF HAND COIN MAGIC CONTEST. Special consideration will be considered for camera perspective tricks or novel ideas yet to be seen or invented. This contest is designed to give a broad perspective of entries. It is a video magic contest, so the contest must account for seeing the trick through a camera’s lens, which will effect the presentation of magic; however, entries should be based on performance skill and creativity and NOT computer post editing or editing skillsets. Basically stated: Performer's abilities, creativity, and skill in slight of hand should be responsible for creating the magic, not a computer or software program, which was ultimately developed by another company or individual. Copeland Magic LLC ultimately has the final decision on what is eligible and may ask the performer to provide additional proof of performance if the video appears to be altered via technology beyond the performer’s skill or creative abilities.
6. Judging: The Contest entries will be judged based on: Grand Prize winner on the $250 Copeland Coins Gift Card will be selected based on participant votes. Spamming and illegal votes will result in disqualification. The 2 participation awards will be selected by Viral-sweep, the promotion hosting company, application software. Judging conducted by Voting means the votes of the general public. Voters will be encouraged to participate be recieving entries into the participation aware drawings.
7. Prizes: The approximate retail value of all prizes is $500 USD. (Plus shipping any prize shipping costs estimated at $10-$50 USD.) The prizes are: Grand Prize: One (1) $250 USD Copeland Coins gift card will be awarded to the video submission with the most votes. Participation Award #1: One (1) Reialme and Kingdom Coins Collector’s set plus shipping (over $125.00 USD value) will be awarded to one participant just for submitting a video. Votes casted do not affect this winner, it will be chosen randomly. Participation Award #2: One (1) Reialme and Kingdom Coins Collector’s set plus shipping (over $125.00 USD value) will be awarded to one participant for the most participation in the contest via votes, referrals, shares or any other legal entry method. ALL awards are only eligible to be spent at CopelandCoins.com and will have no cash or refund value. Awards are good to be redeemed by winners only and must be claimed in accordance to section 8, "Winner Notification." Awards are good for stated products at CopelandCoins.com. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor's discretion. The prize is nontransferable. The prize is not for resale. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted except with Sponsor’s discretion. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Copeland Magic LLC to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
8. Winner Notification: Winners of the Contest will be notified via e-mail or phone to the e-mail address or phone number they entered into the Contest with within five (5) days following the winner selection. Copeland Magic LLC shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 15 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Rights Granted by you: By entering this Contest you understand that Copeland Magic LLC, anyone acting on behalf of Copeland Magic LLC, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner's name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Contest, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
10. Terms: Copeland Magic LLC reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Copeland Magic LLC may judge submissions from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Copeland Magic LLC. Copeland Magic LLC reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Copeland Magic LLC has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Contest rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Copeland Magic LLC reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. By entering the Contest you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from Copeland Magic LLC. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
11. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Copeland Magic LLC and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF UNITED STATES AND TEXAS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Galveston County Texas having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. Winners List: For the names of the winners, please contact us at and in the body of the email type 'Please e-mail me the winners' list for the Copeland Magic LLC Contest.
15. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google or any other associated social media, website, platform named or yet to be named or discovered. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this Contest and not to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google or any other social media website or platform named or yet to be named or discovered.