***For Holidays, If you have issues applying discounts, please email us***
BEFORE YOU PURCHASE A COIN SET, PLEASE READ ALL THE DETAILS!
For some Coin Artists it is difficult to obtain real United States Government Silver Coins in matching sets at an affordable price.
So Copeland Coins will be offering sets of guaranteed, genuine US silver coins for purchase (when available). These coins are dealer's choice, meaning you will not receive the coins in the photographs, but will receive coins of similar if not better quality! Guaranteed.
Copeland has hand selected each set to keep variances to a minimum for maximum magic potential. There is great value knowing that each coin will work perfectly with the others in the set. Serious time and money is saved by purchasing a matching set of coins.
What is included?
Set of 5 US Half Dollar Sized Coins in the style of your choice. *Please note that the Slick coins are sometimes very thin... Slick Barbers are super thin and are usually worn down flat.
FREE 6cm Viajero Wallet. See instructions below. Please note these great wallets may include unique stains, rough patches, & tanning measurement marks that ad the the character of the wallet.
Insurance on coins during shipping (standard shipping cost may still be added at checkout.)***
Condition: Coins will be circulated.
Details: Good - Basically all text is readable and coins are easily identified as US currency. Dates may be worn, but usually readable. Excellent presentation pieces for magic. (Slick coins will have very little details left on the faces and edges will be smooth.)
Softness: 8/10 - These coins are all nice and smooth with absolute minimal to no defects in faces, rims and edges. Faces are beginning to be worn flat, but still have rather clear and good details. The silver feels nice and soft to the touch. Coins will quietly slide on their faces with very little if any noise. Each set is hand selected, very soft, and ready for professional performance. (Slick coins will be 9.9/10 or 10/10 softness.) See Note Below about Kennedy Halves.†
Reeded Edges: Sets will have worn edges that still exhibit moderate grip. Edges will be clean. No dents or drop marks! Tiny scratches or small worn marks may be present. (Except coins that say "slicks" because these coins are very worn and will NOT have reeded edges.)
Patina: Each Dealer's Choice coin is compared to the photographs taken and will be similar in contrast. Coins will have silver highlights and good shading, exhibiting an all around posh look. Kennedy coins will have little contrast in color.
Matching: Approximately 95% similarity between coins.
Dates: Various. Similar decades and exact matching dates are always used in consideration of making sets, but there will most likely be several different dates found in each set.
Magical Touch: Excellent - These coins where chosen for magic by a professional who has performed for more than 20 years of his life. Each set has a been painstakingly examined specifically for sleight of hand. These coins look beautiful and your audience will appreciate them too! Take home a set of Dealer's Choice coins, they will serve you well for a lifetime!**
United States silver coins are the "golden" standard among magicians because of their ability to capture and reflect light, sound, weight, superior grip, and soft feel. One of the easiest ways to elevate your magic is to have quality props like our brand name coins and real silver coins. Among 30.5mm silver coins, these coin are for purchase when available:
- Walking Liberty - The most iconic, historical, and affordable US half dollar must be Walkers. These coins have epic imagery and tone extremely well. They have 90% silver content and the feel is just great. Dates vary most from the 1940s. These coins had the perfect amount of pocket carry and circulation to soften them up for magic while still maintaining some reeded edges for grip. Beginners and Professionals alike choose Walking Liberty. (Note: Slicks will be smooth on face and edges.)
- Barber - An excellent choice of Intermediate to Advanced manipulators, Barber Half Dollars are chosen because of their thickness or lack there of... These coins, mostly from the early 1900s, were carried and spent daily. One hundred and twenty years ago, each coin was worth a labor's daily wage or more! Barbers saw a lot of milage in transactions and with 90% silver content they wore down with all the use. Therefore, they are thinner and take up less "real estate" in stacks. These coins will have great tone but less details, sometimes the dates are hard to read and there will be little to no reeded edges left (Note: Slicks will be very thin and completely smooth on face and edges.)
- Benjamin Franklin - Not just for Hundred Dollar Bills, beloved American Inventor/ Scientist/Discoverer Benny Franklin was once minted onto a coin, too. Circulated in the 1950s, this half dollar is an overlooked hand pleaser for sleights. It features raised details, but has a very smooth texture. Minted in 90% silver, these coins received much less circulation as the half dollar lost it's transactional use and became more of a collector's item in the 1960s. Fun to work with and great for all skill levels, these coins are interesting to spectators and feel like a memory foam mattress: firm, yet soft. They are great for any skill level!
- Kennedy - 1964, the year after JFK's assassination, was the first year of the Kennedy half dollar and the last year of the true American silver coin. Very sad. 1964 Kennedy half dollars are all 90% silver. They received little if any circulation because they were gobbled up by collector's and speculator's who knew their value was instantly worth more than 50 cents, and was only going to increase. After '64, Kennedy coins maintained a 40% silver content through the next several years. Both coin types are barely worn and a brighter silver color. They may have a "golden" tarnish that wears away with use, but not much toning as far as blacks and greys. Kennedys are great for beginners or just people that like a more modern coin. 90% silver Kennedy coins are a soft material, just as the other coins described here, but the coins will not be smoothed through pocket carry. A little firmer, the 40% silver coins are an excellent value to start using real silver coins.
- These are not collector's coins. They are chosen for sleight of hand performance which in a different way makes them special and hard to find.
- Every coin is a historical artifact, there will be ever so minor differences and they will not look identical to the coins in the pictures. That being said, Copeland Coins works very hard to make these sets perfect for their intended purpose: Make Beautiful Magic.
- It is simply not worth the time to be hassled with the return of coins that are not sufficient, so every coin is examined and tested to be up to all these high standards listed above before being shipped to you.
Free Viajero Wallet Instructions
- Add your desired coin set to cart.
- Add any Natural Suede 6cm Viajero Wallet to cart.
- The wallet color must be available at time of purchase. Sorry, we don't deal with backorders on this special offer.
- No discount code needed. The $29.95 Wallet price will automatically be deducted at checkout.
- You are allowed one free 6cm sized wallet per coin set purchased. No limit. Yay! (Per site rules, typically no other discounts (except discount shipping offers) may be used in the same order.)
- The FREE Viajero wallet is good for up to a $29.95 USD value. You may pay the difference to get a different priced Viajero!
**It is highly recommended that you never clean or polish your coins. Simply use them everyday and the silver highlights will become more brilliant naturally. The coins will also begin to adapt and match more closely when they interact with your skin through weeks of practice.
**These are Copeland Coins's independent ratings and are a subjective opinion. Buyer must understand this before purchasing and should feel free to ask questions before purchasing. Please contact Copeland Coins before ordering from outside of the United States to insure shipping is possible.
***While other coin venders may add on insurance costs in extra fees, Copeland Coins includes this in the purchase price. It is mandatory for shipping valuable coins and will not be removed. Standard shipping costs, if applicable, may be be added on at check out as a normal purchase.
By a Magician
We Believe Details Matter
Every release features quality, time tested work. Every product. Every time.
Some of the best coin instruction, or magic instruction I have ever seen from a producer. Jeff Copeland really cares about his product and he really cares about you as a consumer.Critic from Magic Orthodoxy
Another great learning experience from Copeland Coins! Amazing routines and unique handling of the coins. Very pleased with all of Jeff’s incredibly high quality products.Reviewing Insights
Exceptional quality and customer service. The money goblet is one of the finest made props I have ever purchased - the quality of the work that has gone into this is second to none, every small detail making for the ultimate version of this effect.Reviewing The Money Goblet
We're For Everyone
Copeland Coins gives you the tools and teaching to create astonishing moments, no mater what your coin magic experience. Card magic folks are welcome here, too!